Pages

August 30, 2013

Quick One Pan Chocolate Cake


I love chocolate cake and this is a great recipe when you're in the mood for chocolate, but don't want a large cake.  It only takes a few minutes to mix and bake.  Great for when you have company coming!

You'll need an ungreased 8" x 8" baking pan.

Place the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into a pan.  

Stir to combine.

In a separate measuring jug, measure out the water, oil, white vinegar and vanilla extract. 

Pour onto the dry ingredients.  

Stir gently with a fork to combine.

Bake in a 350F oven for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.

Cool and then cut into slices.  Or you could do as my children do and pick pieces from it with your fingers straight from the pan!


One Pan Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup cold water
1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

1.  Heat oven to 350F.

2.  Place the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into an ungreased 8" x 8" baking pan.  

3.  Stir gently to combine.

4.  In a separate measuring jug, measure out the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla.  

5.  Stir gently with a fork to combine.  

6.  Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out cleanly. 

7.  Cool and frost, dust with powdered sugar or eat plain.  


Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. This is a great moist cake that I have been making for the past 35 years. I love that it takes no eggs or greasing the pan. I also make a 'Spice Cake' version of this using 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger & 1/4 tsp cloves instead of the cocoa powder. It's perfect for an after school snack or quickie dessert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolores - thanks so much for stopping by. :)

      The girls and I love this cake. I will definitely have to try your spice version. Sounds perfect for fall!

      Delete
  2. I will be making this soon. We try to not have sugary foods during the week just weekends and this would be perfect for a craving or maybe even in lunches. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy and delicious! two of my favorite words that apply to food! Thanks for posting this on the 36th Avenue's Link party! I HAD to pin this to my board. I am sure I will visit again. Deb @ Kneaded Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Deb! It's even better the next day (if there's any left). :)

      Delete

All comments are appreciated!